Thursday, May 2, 2013

CrAnK

Crank, Crystal, Tina, Ice. All names for the drug that you can never get enough of accordding to Kristina Georgia, or better yet her other personality "Bree". Every time I read a page in this book my heart breaks a little more. Till the point where it shattered at the end. I felt so much of her pain, and it was just a book. Addictions, Boys, a new baby! I felt so bad for her and shes just a CHARACTER! Bree is a girl who let a boy introduce her to the monster, and once you meet the monster, your partners for life. Crack Cocaine is not just a way to get high, its a way of life. You try it once and you must dance forever. Burning golf ball sized black holes in your brain, and there is nothing you can do about it! because the monster screams for you every hour of the day. Whispering in your ear so quietly but yet yelling so loudly for you to come back to it. Crashing seems like the worst part. Withdrawal, looking like death, Sleeping for days, Ignoring the people that love you and almost staving to death. Nothing of which sounds like anything I would want anyone to go threw! I don't understand why people would ever want to try this. Not for all the money in the world! Nothing in this world is worth literally flushing you sanity, life and future down the hole like that! No matter how old you are. Bree was only 16. She was the same age as me... And by the time she was 17 her life was over!! Every penny she saved up was shipped to her addiction.. her family treated her different because they new something was off. Then she got raped. All for the sake of the monster. The addiction she just couldn't fight, But the worst part is, I don't think she wanted to fight it. I love this book!! and i would recommend it to anyone who thinks there every going to do hard drugs.. because it shows you her life before and after! Its a powerful, beautiful, fast pace easy read but its very inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment